5.12.2013

{Simple Homemade} Caramel Corn

 I was surprised at how easy making homemade caramel corn was. Almost too easy. You could easily sit down, watch a movie, and eat the entire batch without blinking an eye. It's so easy and addicting that I kinda, sorta, possibly did that. This recipe is full of pure yumminess. (I enjoy making up my own words:)
Wanna know how I came up with this recipe? Funny story, actually. Well, in an attempt to make homemade Twix bars, let's just say that didn't work. Annnnd, don't worry, I will attempt to make it once again. I will just use a different shortbread recipe (Because no one wants to eat shortbread that taste's like pudding and looks like...well I'm sure you can imagine that:) But luckily  the caramel turned out great and I needed something to put it on. *Light Bulb* Then I had the delicious thought -caramel corn! It turned out better than I ever would have thought. Also it takes 15 minutes to make. 
This is how I "flipped" the popcorn to avoid smashing it
{Simple Homemade} Caramel Corn:

1.5 Tablespoon butter (shortening works too)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 Tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt 
3 cup popcorn

  1. In a medium saucepan on medium heat stir butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and honey. Bring to boil and mix occasionally.
  2. Take off heat and allow to cool 2 minutes. Add vanilla and salt and stir.
  3. Place the popcorn onto a flat surface preferably with edges. I used the bottom of a cake carrier.
  4. Pour caramel onto popcorn and "flip" with a spatula, careful not to smash the popcorn!
  5. Enjoy!
Notes: Store in a cool, dry place. Also, if you need a caramel recipe, omit the popcorn and this recipe works great anywhere you would normally use caramel (turtles, brownies, etc.)

Slightly adapted from: Cassidy's Cravable Creations


No comments:

Post a Comment