3.03.2013

Thin, Crisp, and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a spin on the classic chocolate chip-gluten-filled-dairy-smothered classic chocolate chip cookie! I always thought I was a thick and gooey type of chocolate chip cookie eater. Nope, ever since I've had this cookie, my feelings have changed. . .
 
 
 
 
 Besides, this recipe is so incredibly fast. Time it, I dare you:)
 
C'mon look at them, how can you resist?
 
 
 
 
Now for the recipe-
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1 1/3 C gluten free all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if blend already contains)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 C light brown sugar
1/4 C granulated sugar
1/2 C vegetable shortening
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk (beaten)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 C chocolate chips tossed with 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
 
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 325. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, then set aside.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, granulated sugar. Add the shortening, egg + yolk, and vanilla, mixing well after each addition. The dough will be soft but hold its shape.
  3. Add the chocolate chips and stir into the dough.
  4. Place dough by the tablespoon on the baking sheets. If you want the cookies to be uniform in shape, use wet hands and round the dough until circular disk is formed.
  5. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Then, let cool on pan for additional 3 minutes to allow to firm. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
  6. Enjoy!
 
 
Notes: The cookie dough freezes extremely well. Just roll into balls, freeze on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes (to hold shape), then transfer to a bag or container, freeze, and you now have a warm cookie at anytime! This could be very, very dangerous. . .
 
 
 
Question of the Day: What is a recipe that you hope for me to make someday?
 


2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look awesome! I would LOVE to see you show us how to make a super yummy, moist GF diary-free CARROT CAKE. I am thinking Easter and when I think of Easter, I think of you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and that is a great idea...I will start working on that! Thank yoo I love getting feedback!

      Delete