3.08.2013

Sunbutter Cookie Bars

We got about a foot of snow yesterday, and while most are busy sleeping, I'm planning my next kitchen creation, which happened to be sunbutter cookie bars. Believe me, these are heaven in a bar! Plus they taste like marshmallows:)

Oh and I know what your thinking, Finally another recipe without chocolate:) I can't help it I'm a chocoholic! And if you really wanted, you could add chocolate to this too. I will be trying that next time...
 


This is what the bars look like before being cut into slices.
 
 
Recipe-
 
Ingredients:
 
1C sunbutter
1C dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 Tbs honey or agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
 
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 cake square cake pans with parchment
  2. Combine sunbutter, brown sugar, honey, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Add vanilla, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
  3. Pour onto pan and bake for 20-22 minutes. Let cool on pan then cut into squares.
  4. Enjoy!
 

3 comments:

  1. I just made these and they are A-Mazing! They turned out perfect, light and chewy! Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any tips on storage/ how long they'll stay good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should last 3-4 days in a cool, dry place. :) Enjoy!!

      Delete